LiveATC for Android is brought to you by LiveATC.net – listen to live air traffic control!
(PLEASE READ ***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** BELOW BEFORE PURCHASING)
New in LiveATC for Android v2 (12 Jan 2016)
– redesigned app…new look and feel
– added Recent view
– improved search functionality
– better feed status indication
– improved background audio and player control support
– support for display rotation
– and more to come in subsequent releases this year
Stuck in the airport terminal with endless delays?
Live near an airport and want to find out what’s going on?
Have you always wondered what pilots talk to air traffic controllers about?
Now you can stop wondering and tune in live!
LiveATC for Android provides a quick and easy way to listen in on live conversations between pilots and air traffic controllers near many airports around the world. LiveATC for Android lets you browse by U.S. state or by country to find an airport and listen in to live air traffic conversations at or near a given airport. You can also use the “Nearby” feature to find an airport near you. You can then add any channel to your Favorites list for quick and easy access.
The LiveATC Network (http://liveatc.net) is the world’s largest network of streaming audio feeds focused solely on aviation, currently covering over 700 airports around the world with over 1,000 different audio feeds and growing daily!
Explanation of some of the needed device permissions:
• The “Location” permission is required so that the app can determine what airports are located in your area when you select “Nearby”
• The “Device ID & Call Information” permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you’re placing or receiving a phone call so that it can automatically stop the audio stream to prevent it from interfering with your phone call
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Please check to see if your country, city and/or airports of interest are covered by LiveATC *BEFORE PURCHASING* – check at: http://liveatc.net . Note that we currently have no coverage in the U.K., Belgium, Germany, Iceland, Italy, New Zealand, Spain and some other countries where streaming ATC communications is prohibited by local law. Available airports are subject to change at any time – LiveATC owns and operates many of the receivers used in the network but most are provided by volunteers working in cooperation with LiveATC. Available airports can change, sometimes due to reasons beyond LiveATC’s control. Also, there is no guarantee that all feeds will be up 24/7, though we make our best effort to do so and have a great track record of uptime.
Follow LiveATC for feed updates and breaking aviation and ATC-related news: