Here’s the Official ISRO Solar Calculator APP Android APK Free Download. A Solar calculator, which allows for precise computation of the advantage of installing solar power systems at any given place in the united states has been established by Isro. The program allows for the computation of solar energy potential, which can be an important initial step for choosing places that are suitable to create solar photovoltaic thermal power plants. The Space Application Center service of Isro has created the program, at the request of the Ministry of Renewable and New Energy, in Ahmedabad.
The Calculator is for creating photovoltaic solar power systems, invaluable. Several places can be found in the dropdown menu, it will be likely to immediately select an area in a chart, or browse using exact geographical coordinates. The power potential of the place is revealed in kWh mJ or /m 2 /m 2. If program also can obtain the place using Global Positioning System. The potential is figured using information prepared from satellites, such as the Kalpana 1, the Insat-3D the Insat-3DR as well as.
The tips of the power potential are combined with additional tips that were valuable for establishing solar power systems. An internet connection is required to produce the computations that were required. There are tables and visualisations incorporated on the span of a twelvemonth throughout the times. That’s computed at the same time, utilising a digital height model whether you can find the impediment to the sun due to surfaces. There’s an indication of the ideal position to set the solar power systems up at the same time.
Solar Calculator APP Features:
- The App provides solar energy potential (in kWh/m2) at any given location
- The required location can be keyed in or can be obtained through GPS
- It gives monthly and yearly solar potential processed using Indian Geostationary Satellite data (Kalpana-1, INSAT-3D and INSAT-3DR). It also offers monthly minimum and maximum temperature to calculate realistic solar potential
- Location is displayed on image with satellite data in the background
- It also provides azimuth and elevation angles, and day length over different time periods in a year.
- Obstruction of sunlight due to terrain is also calculated using Digital Elevation Model (DEM)
- It also suggests optimum tilt angle for solar PV installation
- This App needs internet connection to calculate the results
- Complete report can be saved as a PDF file
The App can be downloaded from “New and Renewable Energy” section at vedas.sac.gov.in