Tap into the wild with Gaia GPS.
Choose from the best collection of offline topo maps, satellite maps, and specialized map layers, including USGS, USFS, NRCan, and GaiaTopo. Use a host of features for hiking, hunting, mountain biking, offroading, and other outdoor pursuits. Record tracks, plan routes, and use gaiagps.com to automatically back-up data and share links to your tracks.
Widely considered the best outdoor mapping app, Gaia GPS has been covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn. Also available for iOS, Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple’s “Your Verse” stories and featured numerous times. Top adventure guides, record-breaking thru-hikers, wildland firefighters, and search & rescue personnel (SAR) use Gaia GPS all over the world.
Since 2009, we’ve been constantly updating Gaia GPS to help people explore remote places, and stay safer in the woods. Today, many great people contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with the whole team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology – she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view available maps here (https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003524587)
• download worldwide topo, road, terrain, and satellite maps
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use
• follow a trail and view your location
►► Sync, Back-up, and Website
• use Gaia everywhere, with your Android device and online at www.gaiagps.com (http://www.gaiagps.com/)
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
• create a trail with the TrailFinder (https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003640568)
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, create waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get extra features, maps, and support. The cost is $5.99/month or $39.99/year.
• use www.gaiagps.com (http://www.gaiagps.com/) to print maps and plan routes
• download multi-layered maps – mix and set opacity for many layers at once
• use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
• set custom icons for waypoints you create
• sync max-resolution photos to your online account